Monday, December 3, 2007

My Weekend



I love Christmas time! On Friday I had a PETE (physical education teacher education) Christmas party. PETE is the program I'm in at BYU. It's a cohort, which basically means I have the same 20 people in all of my classes. This is our last semester together in the program, so we thought we would go out with a bang and throw a giant, potluck, Christmas party with slideshow included. We even invited the first year PETE students, just so they could know what they have to live up to!! ...j/k. We invited them because we're nice. Below is a pic of a few of the girls in the program.


So after that I went to the "Jingle Mingle," which is basically a ward Christmas dance, formal attire, of course. It was actually quite fun. My favorite roomie, Kelly, wanted to get her make-up done for the dance, and she wanted me to come along. So, she scheduled us an appointment with the Clinique counter at the mall. Never again. First of all, the lady that was supposed to do our make-up didn't want to do it... and neither did anyone else for that matter. When we got there, she basically said that she got off in twenty mintues and was sick. We were like, "Twenty minutes? That's plenty of time!" But she ignored us and handed Kelly off to the Estee Lauder lady, and told me the other Clinique girl was almost done with the makeover she was currently doing. I probably sat there for almost an hour watching Kelly get her make-up done, when the chick that was supposed to do my make-up finally showed up. She heard she had another makeover to do and disappeared for a while. She asked me what we were getting our make-up done for, and I said "Oh, we have a dance that we're going to." That was mistake #1. "Dance" translates into "Clown." Mistake #2 was when I told her it that was a Christmas dance. I told her my dress was red, and what color of eyeshadow did she pick? Green. GREEN. Red and green?? If you ever get your make-up done, never say you are going to a Christmas dance. The chick that did my make-up was nice, don't get me wrong. But when I looked in the mirror, I think I almost crapped my pants. I was already running late for my PETE Christmas party, which was right before the Jingle Mingle, and I had caked-on green eye make-up with freakishly dark red lips. In all actuality, the eye make-up wouldn't have looked bad if I was just going to the dance, and probably would have looked really good if it wasn't green. However, there was no way I was showing up to the PETE party looking like that! Sorry, I don't have pics. I wiped a lot of it off as soon as I got home. But here's a pic of me and my roommates at the dance:


Here's one more of me:



Saturday was also quite eventful. It snowed!!! It was really exciting, actually. I wasn't even disgruntled about the fact that I had to wake up at 8 o'clock in the morning to go on a field trip to Rock Canyon for my geology class. We were supposed to go look at real life examples of the formations we had learned about in class thus far... but between the blanket of snow and the fog that rolled in and out, we couldn't see a dang thing! It was kind of fun to hike around in the snow, though.... until it got cold. Then I just wanted to go home... screw the anticlines and nonconformities that I can't see! After I got home, me and Kelly went and made baby snowmen outside of our window (which is at ground level). They were really cute, until they started melting. Now they just look scary.


Later that night Kelly and I decided to hit up this thing that BYUSA does every year called Freeze Fest. It's at the Seven Peaks Ice Arena, and they have ice skating, broom hockey, hot cocoa, gingerbread house making, and mistletoe. And of course, our mascot Cosmo the Cougar was running around on the ice rink while everyone was skating. Gotta love Cosmo. Sounds pretty cool, eh? Well, the catch is that it's free if you have you student ID, so it's CROWDED. Once we got through all the lines, we really enjoyed ourselves. There were a lot of old friends there that we ran into, so that was a treat.



4 comments:

fünf said...

You are one sexy little critter... meeeeyow! Wish you would have taken a pic of the green makeup before wiping it off. You should work at the make-up counter, not be going there to get your makeup done. Duh.

Hillery said...

I was too stressed to even think about it... "When you turn 18, you come work for me!" Haha, remember that?

cariesthoughts said...

Cute pictures!
Looks like you had a good time!
That is awesome you went ice skating..Im defintely jealous.

Erica Bass said...

Congratulations for joining the blog world.

I agree with lys you should have taken a picture of the green and red horror.