
I'm on the BYU Special Events staff, which means that I worked BYU's annual Stadium of Fire. The main attractions this year were Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), and the Blue Man Group. It was kind of cool being able to see how much work went into this event.... I never realized how huge of a production Stadium of Fire is!
I worked at the Freedom Festival Patriotic Service on Sunday June 29, at which Glenn Beck spoke. He's a famous LDS TV personality. Then on Tuesday July 1 I went to a training meeting for Stadium of Fire. Fun and exciting.... On July 3rd I was privileged to sit at the gates of the Edwards stadium and make sure only people affiliated with Stadium of Fire got in. I got to meet some of the Osmond family, because they were having some get together with Glenn Beck and came in through my gate. I also got a lot of good reading in.... and a nice farmer's tan ;) I also guarded the gates on the 4th. We were much stricter on security because it was the day of the event.
The actual event was cool. I worked at portal EE, and basically told people over and over again where section 108 was, and how to get to their seats. Once the event started I got to tell people not to stand in the portal or on the stairs. All the concessions people seemed to think that they could come and stand in my section!!!!! They said, "but our supervisor said we could just go watch the show when we're on break! boo hoo!" And I said, "well, my supervisor said you can't." I wasn't worried about their supervisor; I had the police on my side. So when I wasn't telling people to find their seats and helping little kids find their parents, I was able to enjoy the show. The Blue Man Group was funny. Miley Cyrus was a good performer. The fireworks were amazing.
It was one of the funner events I've worked :)
4 comments:
Hello,
Some impressive posts. Did you know Glenn Beck is in my ward? Jared takes care of his daughter in nursery every week. Funny, huh.
I can't believe you hiked the couch to the Y. That's so funny. I am glad that there are some grammatically correct kitties out there. I was wondering if that caterday post was going to be there forever...
Glen Beck waved to me when I was at church with Alyssa. And I read to his daughter in nursery. So glad to see you back on the blog!
Oh yeah? That's coo.... Me and Glenn Beck are tight now, like this x (that's me crossing my fingers). There's a lot more that's been happening, so I'll try to actually keep you guys more current on my life from now on!!
That's awesome Hill! We weren't very far away . . .
Post a Comment