It's a well-known fact that if you have thick hair, you shouldn't wash it everyday, ESPECIALLY if you color it or use heat to style it. Overwashing is bad for your hair and scalp because you need to give your natural oils a chance to do their job. I've found that if I shampoo my hair two days in a row, it's really dry and hard to deal with the second day. BUT, it's also annoying to have greasy, flat hair for a day. Well, I've found a little something that happens to give the best of both worlds... some of you may have even heard of this before. It's called "dry shampoo." It certainly doesn't replace washing your hair, but it helps keep your hair shiny and grease-free between washings! I saw some at the store yesterday (for less than $5) and decided to give it a try. Here's how it works. When I tried it, it didn't make my hair feel like it was freshly washed or anything, but it definitely made it feel (and look) cleaner, fuller, and less greasy. There's also a dry foam shampoo for thick, curly hair. So if you have the same issues I do with the between-washings-greasies, check this stuff out. The stuff I bought was Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. I've been emphasizing this for thick-haired people, but if you have fine or thin hair and want to try it, it should work for you too.
Kevin thinks it sounds gross, but he has very short, fine hair (with a bunch of styling gel/hairspray in it) so he needs to wash it everyday anyways---he can't relate :). AND, just to clarify, when I say I don't wash my hair everyday, it doesn't mean I don't SHOWER everyday. Just wanted to put that out there so you all don't think I'm gross like Kevin does, haha.
PGCB #144 - Watercolors
8 years ago
4 comments:
I deleted my comment because I misspelled a word, so here is what I wanted to say:
They had dry shampoo way back in the 70s. but Tresemme sounds like the really COOL version.
I don't use it that much, but it's great for emergencies!
I will have to try that stuff. Sometimes I use baby shampoo if I feel like I need to wash my hair but I don't want to completely dry it out.
Post a Comment